Selling Your Business
For many business owners, the sale of their business is the ultimate goal or it may even be an unattainable dream. I have years of experience in helping businesses in this area.
Determining the value of your business is always the first step towards a successful sale. However, there are a wide range of factors that need to be addressed before, after and during the sale. To ensure you receive a deal that suits your needs.
The most important factors include:
- Determine the precise value of your business.
- Work out your sale price
- Decide whether to use professionals or not – this can be a complicated and stressful experience
- Gather, document and organise all relevant information to maximise the sale price.
- Have lawyers prepare your contract of sale.
- Consider any restrictions and further implications after the sale.
- Effectively communicate changes with your employees.
- Address various legal, tax and insurance matters pertaining to the sale.
- The formal transfer of ownership.
- Plan whats next!
I have worked with a number of business that have achieved their ultimate goal and I can work with you through this process.